Today we are going to have some fun with some questions. Let’s call it “Who was it?”
1. Dismissed from drama school with a note that read she is wasting her time, she is too shy to put her best foot forward.
- Lucille Ball
2. Turned down by the Decca recording company that said we don’t like their sound and guitar music is on the way out
- The Beatles
3. A failed soldier, farmer and real estate agent at 38 years old he went to work for his father as a handyman
- Ulysses S Grant
4. Cut from the high school Basketball team he went home and locked himself in his room and cried.
- Michael Jordan
5. A teacher told him he was too stupid to learn anything and he should go in to a field that he might succeed by virtue of his pleasant personality
- Thomas Edison
6. Fired from a newspaper because he lacked imagination and had no original ideas
- Walt Disney
7. His fiancé died, he failed in business twice, he had a nervous breakdown and he was defeated in 8 elections
- Abraham Lincoln
The key here to all their success was perseverance. All of us know that we have bad days, we fail from time to time. But we must keep our head up if we want to succeed.
I’ll leave you with two quotes:
“If you have never failed you have never lived.”
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.” – Pele